An updated, evidence-based bundle from the Surviving Sepsis Campaign (SSC), released in 2018, emphasizes expediency of care to improve survival.
|2018 SSC Hour-1 Bundle:|
|Measure lactate level. Re-measure if initial lactate is >2 mmol/L|
|Obtain blood cultures prior to administration of antibiotics|
|Administer broad-spectrum antibiotics|
|Rapidly administer 30 ml/kg crystalloid for hypotension or lactate ≥4 mmol/L|
|Apply vasopressors if patient is hypotensive during or after fluid resuscitation to maintain MAP ≥65 mm Hg|
1. CDC Sepsis Fact Sheet.
2. Sepsis Alliance Website. www.sepsis.org
3. Sepsis Alliance Sepsis Fact Sheet.
4. Advisory Board Sepsis Research Report.
5. Levy MM, Evans LE, Rhodes A.
6. Singer AJ, Taylor M, LeBlanc D et al. 2014.
7. Singer AJ, Taylor M, LeBlanc D et al. 2018.
8. Ward MJ, Self WH, Singer A et al.
Links which take you out of Abbott worldwide websites are not under the control of Abbott, and Abbott is not responsible for the contents of any such site or any further links from such site. Abbott is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Abbott. The website that you have requested also may not be optimised for your screen size.
The page you are trying to access is best viewed on a desktop or laptop computer.